Thursday, 19 February 2015

FLF #9 - A New Diagnoses and a New Chance!

Today I finally had the Dr House Treatment! 

After a whole day with different specialists and then those specialists working together to look at what's wrong with me they have determined that I have Central Sensitization Syndrome. It's like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome and irritable bowel syndrome combined. But alternately it means the neurons in my brain fire too much, changing the chemical composition, causing all of the above symptoms; basically keeping me in chronic pain. I need to change my medication completely and increase the noradrenaline in my brain. I also have to attend a prep education course one half day a week for four weeks, see a physiotherapist and a psychologist to retrain my brain. 

The main doctor stated that new medical research is showing that it is most likely that fibromyalgia diagnoses are really a result of this condition and he showed me MRI images showing test results from the research (see below). It is showing that people with the above illnesses, and other similar illnesses, all show these brain flares as well as light and or sound sensitivities, memory and concentration issues etc.  He also said that this new treatment should give me my life back as it is proving successful.

So there is still hope and I reckon I'll reach my goal of riding Granny again by the end of the year! 

YAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment